A new collection of scanned photos from the Blackwood Family Archive was recently posted to http://photos.andrewblackwood.us.
I’ve added the Concept2 Dynamic Erg to my home gym.
First Impressions (based on my inaugural 10 km row):
- As designed, the rowing stroke involves virtually no movement of the rower’s center of gravity. This is the biggest change from the traditional C2 indoor rower and is the basis of its design. This has several advantages:
- Ability to row at higher rates (32 spm compared with 26 spm).
- Less stress at the catch as you start the drive.
- Ability to push hard through the finish without ‘anticipating’ the finish.
- Because the rower no longer generates momentum moving toward the catch, compression (reach) is less pronounced and more closely approximates on the water rowing.
More to come.